In the light of the recent surge in COVID infection numbers in greater Melbourne and the resumption of Stage 3 restrictions, we have carefully considered our consulting service, balancing the ongoing needs of our new and existing patients, and the needs of our post-operative patients still undergoing elective surgery.
In response, the following changes to our current practice will occur from July 13th (marked in AMBER)
- Ongoing Face-to-Face consultations:
- Enhanced pre-appointment COVID screening:
- Compulsory patient and staff Temperature Scanning
- Updated compulsory pre-appointment COVID screening questionnaire
- Increased PPE for patients and staff
- Compulsory Surgical mask wearing for patients attending the clinic (BYO or provided by us on arrival)
- Full-time Surgical masks for our staff (admin and health staff)
- Ongoing High level PPE for patient examination and minor procedures (e.g. Nasendoscopy)
- Ongoing Social Distancing
- Increased appointment spacing
- Limit of patient +/- carer in each appointment
- Waiting room spacing restrictions
- Ongoing cleaning measures
- Hand sanitation for patients and staff
- Thorough rooms cleaning between patients.
- Resumption of Telehealth Option for appointments.
- Patients will again be given the option of a telehealth appointment where clinically appropriate
- Patients with any Risk factors on the COVID questionnaire will still be able to consult with us, but via Telehealth only.
With your safety and medical care as our number one priority, we hope to be able to sustain this approach during the current surge.
We also will continue to operate both in public and private as long as our hospitals are able to continue to provide this service, and with the mandatory pre-operative COVID testing in place.
We @ MEG remain here for all your ENT concerns and needs.